BREAKING: Nearly 150 DEAD- Here’s What We Know

Like this article?

Dean James AMERICA’S FREEDOM FIGHTERS 

Nearly 150 Daesh-linked terrorists have been killed in the all-out offensives launched by government troops since January this year in the Philippines, according to reports.

In a statement on Wednesday, Lt. Gen. Carlito Galvez Jr., chief of the Western Mindanao Command, confirmed the deaths of 149 Abu Sayyaf militants in Sulu and neighboring provinces, Anadolu Agency  Asia/Pacific reported.

Since January, he said, 50 Abu Sayyaf members also surrendered to the security forces, adding that 18 others were apprehended and 70 high-powered firearms were recovered in the operations.

Galvez said he ordered troops of the Joint Task Force Sulu to flush out the Abu Sayyaf from their comfort zones and bring them to places where they are vulnerable.

Meanwhile, Capt. Jo-Ann Petinglay, spokesperson of Western Mindanao Command, said two militants were killed in a 15-minute gun battle with troops at Patikul hill in Sulu province Tuesday night.

Join us on Facebook at Nation In Distress

“We’re able to recover the remains of the two terrorists who are still yet to be identified,” Petinglay said.

Since 1991, the Abu Sayyaf — armed with mostly improvised explosive devices, mortars and automatic rifles — has carried out bombings, kidnappings, assassinations and extortion in a self-determined fight for an independent province in the Philippines.

It is one of two militant groups in the south who have pledged allegiance to Daesh, prompting fears during the stalling of a peace process between the government and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front that it could make inroads in a region torn by decades of armed conflict.

Filipino Muslim ISIS Trash

Philippine intelligence officials believe Abu Sayyaf is a group of about 400 Islamic militants were earlier affiliated to Al Qaeda but have pledged allegiance to the Islamic State, Irish Sun reports.

Abu Sayyaf is infamous for abducting foreign and local tourists, then ransoming them off and operate mostly in the southern islands of Basilan and Sulu.

Last year, the group beheaded two Canadian hostages after seizing them from a beach resort on Samal Island.

The bombing of a night market in Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte’s hometown Davao last year was also blamed on the militant group after one of the suspects in the bombing was revealed to be an Abu Sayyaf associate who once worked in the central Philippines.

In February, the group beheaded a 70-year-old yachtsman from Germany, Jurgen Kantner after his government refused to pay a $600,000 ransom.

Their most deadly attack came in 2004, when the militants bombed a passenger ferry off Manila Bay, killing more than 100.

The attack also became one of the country’s worst terrorist attack.

Abu Sayyaf, whose overall commander is believed to be Alhabsi Misaya, remains one of the most serious militant threat in the region.

Hell yeah! Eradicate those scumbags! Kudos to the Filipinos!!!

Source- AFF

Here’s How To Be Sure To Continue Seeing Our Content On Facebook

Like this article?

Facebook Comments

Disqus Comments