Mom PARALYZED After Eating GAS STATION Nacho Cheese On Chips

Like this article?

Family photos of Lavinia Kelly before she contracted botulism poisoning, left, and after, partially paralyzed and on a ventilator in an intensive care unit.
Photos courtesy of family members/ Food Safety News

Dean James AMERICA’S FREEDOM FIGHTERS 

A busy mother of three, Lavinia Kelly decided to grab a bag of Doritos chips and cover them with nacho cheese when she stopped in at the gas station and never expected what a huge mistake that turned out to be. 

After eating the nachos she ended up in intensive care, partially paralyzed and on a ventilator! You see, she is a victim of botulism poisoning.

This is terrible.

A total of nine people are hospitalized in the foodborne illness outbreak, according to public health officials in California. Five of the victims have been confirmed with botulism poisoning. All five ate food from the gas station before becoming ill, the Sacramento Bee reports.

All nine are still being treated at area hospitals. According to a lawsuit filed this week, Kelly, who became ill within hours of eating the cheese on April 21, remains in the hospital in intensive care, unable to speak or even open her eyes on her own, Food Safety News reports.

Relatives say Kelly’s symptoms started with fatigue and progressed to double vision, vomiting, and difficulty breathing. “We just don’t understand why this happened over a bag of chips and nacho cheese,” partner Ricky Torres tells the Bee.

She remains partially paralyzed and on a ventilator as her family and friends wonder whether this will be her last birthday. She had no way of knowing when she stopped for a snack of chips and cheese sauce on the way home from work on April 21 that she would be admitted to an intensive care unit less than 48 hours later.

Join us on Facebook at Nation In Distress

“She has remained in intensive care ever since, unable to move much, speak, breathe on her own, or open her eyes. Family members must pull her eyelids up to enable her to see at all,” according to a civil lawsuit filed in the Superior Court of California in Sacramento County.

“Lavinia Kelly experiences significant pain all over her body constantly. She is receiving methadone and Neurontin for pain control. (Her) medical condition is poor, and her prognosis uncertain.”

“Persons who consumed prepared food, particularly nacho cheese sauce, from Valley Oak Food and Fuel gas station from April 23 through May 5 and have symptoms should contact their medical provider immediately,” according to the update from the county.

“Botulism is a rare but serious paralytic illness caused by a nerve toxin that is produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. Symptoms can include double vision, blurred vision, drooping eyelids, slurred speech, difficulty swallowing, dry mouth and muscle weakness.”

Wow! Look, I don’t normally eat food from gas stations however, I live on a mountain and when I drive down to town to do my errands like banking and groceries shopping I sometimes grab a chili cheese dog at our AM/PM gas station.

After reading this, I think I’ll pass on those delicious dogs. 

Spread the word folks- this is an extremely serious problem.

We pray for a speedy and full recovery for this young mother and ask that you have her in your prayers.

Source- AFF

Here’s How To Be Sure To Continue Seeing Our Content On Facebook

Like this article?

Facebook Comments

Disqus Comments